Sunday, December 13, 2009

Studio Bound

I'm in Brooklyn, NY getting my things together to drive to Charlottesville, VA. Today is arrival day at the recording studio retreat. I'll be there for the next 10 days with Crooked Still and producer Gary Paczosa. I'm really excited about the new material we've worked up and can't wait to get going bringing it to life. 10 days is a lot of time and it'll be nice to hopefully not feel the time crunch as much as a normal studio experience.

On another note, I'd like to send an internet shout out to my good friends in the fine Vermont based band, Nightingale. Their new CD, Jolie, is fantastic! I've listened to it three times in a row this morning and it's been the perfect thing to get me in the mood to make music. Nightingale is one of the few bands I can think of where the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts and they are a source of constant inspiration. If you haven't heard them, you should. www.nightingalevt.org. You won't be disapointed.

See you in Charlottesville!

Corey

2 comments:

Nevin said...

It's so great that you guys are back in the studio. Good luck. Can't wait to hear the new CD in the Spring!

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.